Who am I?

My photo
I love to cook. I LOVE to bake! I work too much! Coffee should be supplied in IV form for me most days. I love television too much, and movies are my weakness if I ever had time to go, and a good book is always my favorite thing in the world.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fryin' the stir... wait. I think I said that wrong.

My "homemade" stir fry
The reason I have "Homemade" in quotations is because I use a ready made sauce for it. Besides that it is homemade and I am VERY proud of it. Although I'm not going to lie, I didn't think about blogging it until 1/4 of the way through. So I don't have the beginning pictures. I'm sorry, I promise I will remember next time. 

 Ingredients: 
1 chopped green pepper
1 sliced yellow onion
2 sliced lengthwise zucchini
2 chopped celery sticks
2 chopped carrots
2 spoonfuls minced garlic
1 lb of chicken (cut into inch slices)
La Choy Stir Fry Orange Ginger sauce
Ramen noodles (yup you read it right)
 

I put all the veggies chopped up in a bowl and covered them in the garlic (save 1/2 a spoonful)
 Let the pan heat up and add the garlic. Let the garlic cook for a few minutes and then add the chicken. Let the chicken cook till there is no pink. I also added some seasoning to the meat, some paprika, salt and pepper. Just for some added flavoring.
Add the veggies to the frying pan with the meat and pour 1/4 of the sauce into the pan. After 20 mins drain the pan and then add all but 1/4 of the bottle to the veggies and meat let simmer until the veggies are to your liking. I really overcook mine but I like it that way. Then I cook the Ramen noodles. DO NOT ADD THE SEASONING. Drain the water and pour the rest of the sauce on to the noodles. Stir it up. 


 Dish it up! First some noodles and then the stir fry on top. Its very easy on the wallet and very yummy! Its one of my favorite meals, especially when I want Panda Express.


I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment