Who am I?

My photo
I love to cook. I LOVE to bake! I work too much! Coffee should be supplied in IV form for me most days. I love television too much, and movies are my weakness if I ever had time to go, and a good book is always my favorite thing in the world.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pancakes.. Pan.. cakes.. CAKE! okay!

Funfetti cake mix pancakes
     So this morning I woke up, to two toddlers jumping on me telling me they were hungry. I started some coffee for myself and stared at my fridge. I make them eggs and toast with jam almost every single morning. On days I'm running late then they eat cereal or a nutri-grain bar. But this is my DAY OFF, and I want to make something Special.
I go to my pantry and stare, Funfetti cake mix... What can I make with funfetti cake mix. Pull out my handy dandy computer, search Google and find that this is a very common idea. Funfetti pancakes!! WOOHOO! Now I am an amazing pancake maker, from scratch and bisquick mix, my pancakes turn out beautiful. I knew this was going to be awesome!!

 Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of Funfetti cake mix
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons oil
1 egg
 Mix it all up! I always mix the egg first then add the milk and oil, and then the cake mix.
 I was so excited right now! I was doing a little kitchen baking dance. Then something was wrong....I could tell. So I flipped them.
 NO!!!!!!!! I was devastated. I NEVER burn pancakes.
 The inside was almost perfect too, so I turned the heat down to low. And I mean LOW.
Then this beautiful creation was made! 4-5 mins on each side on low. The batch after this one I did for 6 mins on each side and it was perfect. Something with this mixture makes it burn very fast. So the typical medium heat doesn't work for these kind of pancakes.
 My girls LOVED the Pancakes

 I decided to use the glaze I used in my last blog. In the butter pecan cookies recipe. Its a vanilla bean glaze and it is to die for. Over these pancakes, it is truly incredible. I could imagine you can top it with whatever you'd like though.
 I hope ya'll enjoyed my cooking experience this morning. Now that I have made these I know I am going to make them again. This only made about 12 small pancakes. So if you have a large family or REALLY like pancakes, I would make a double batch.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments: